শুক্রবার, ১৯ জুলাই, ২০১৩

Meet Melania Deasy, the 2013 Gallery Idol! | Paper Crafts Connection

Holly Meet Melania Deasy, the 2013 Gallery Idol!

Holly Anderson

We?d like to give a special welcome today to Melania Deasy, winner of the Paper Crafts 2013 Gallery Idol Contest! Here are a few questions I asked her so we all could get to know her a little better!

?

What is your full name?

My name is Melania Deasy Setiawati Widjaja. Melania is my baptist name and all my friends call me Deasy.

?

Where did you grow up? Where do you currently live?

I have been living in Surabaya city ever since I was born; it?s the second biggest city in Indonesia.

?

Do you work outside the home? If so, what do you do?

Yes, I work as a photographer. At first I worked as wedding photographer. That?s when I met my husband who was also a photographer at that time. After we had a son, I turned into a baby, kids, and family photographer because I love kids and I can?t go far away from my 4-and-a-half year old son.

9299707857 fb5912ef82 Meet Melania Deasy, the 2013 Gallery Idol!

?

Tell us something about you that most people wouldn?t guess/don?t know.

People wouldn?t guess that I have two personalities. My friends see me as a happy and smiling person, but I used to love to listen to alternative rock and be a rebel.

It also affects me in designs and drawing. I love cute and adorable styles but I also love cool, clever, and simple styles too.

The other thing is that I love taking photos of fashion?beautiful clothes and beautiful people?but I?m not fashionable at all. I spend most of my money on crafting!

?

What hobbies do you have besides paper crafting?

I really like drawing. I tried to make this hobby into a job by opening Deasy Designs digital stamp last year.

?

What/who inspired you to start paper crafting, and when did you begin?

I start paper crafting in 2011. I see many beautiful and amazing cards on the internet, and I think it?s challenging, and I?m falling in love with it now.

?

What made you try out for this season of Gallery Idol?

Before the Idol began, I rarely made cards because I was too busy making digital stamps. One day I read my Paper Crafts magazine, and I saw many amazing cards. I realized I missed making cards! My sweet friend, Emily Leiphart sent me an email and encouraged me to join Gallery Idol. I had tried Gallery Idol for two years, and I thought ?Why shouldn?t I try again this year?? We should never give up our dreams, right? So I submitted 3 cards for Gallery Idol.

?

What round of Gallery Idol did you find the most challenging?

I think the most challenging was the final round, when the challenge was to make four color-coordinated cards in four different styles! Very challenging. I thought the one that invented the challenge must be very clever!!

I was so confused at that time, maybe because my English is not good enough, but my Gallery Idol friends are so kind, especially Jocelyn Olson, one of the TOP 5. She was so kind in explaining the final challenge round patiently.

Right after the announcement of the last challenge, I went to my local scrap store to buy some supplies, but I still didn?t know what I was gonna make. I just bought the things I like. At home I chose the colors, and the supplies that I bought happened to fit nicely with the cards in my imagination?especially the colors.

?

What did you enjoy most about the Gallery Idol experience?

I live far away from United States, but I can share my cards with many people in the world. I think it?s very amazing. Arts have no limits and boundaries; I have met and gotten to know many amazing designers in other countries.

?

What was your reaction when you heard that you were the grand prize winner?

I was surprised and felt so happy that I started doing a happy dance! I?m so grateful for the support of my family and my card-making friends. They are always supportive and full of encouragement. When Paper Crafts announced it and my friends told me, they were so happy and proud that I started crying. I couldn?t help it. I was so happy and felt blessed beyond any words. That was one of the most beautiful moments in my life.

?

How will you spend your year as Paper Crafts? reigning Gallery Idol winner?

I will definitely be sparing more time to submit more cards for publication and do the design for my digital stamps line also. Recently I found new joy in submitting; it?s very challenging and fun indeed! This has been an amazing adventure to me. Thank you so much Paper Crafts!

?

And there you have it. Check out Deasy?s blog to get to know her even more! We are happy to have such a sweet and humble winner to reign as Gallery Idol this year! We look forward to seeing more of her and her projects in the future.

Thanks for checking in!

Holly Signature Meet Melania Deasy, the 2013 Gallery Idol!

Source: http://www.papercraftsconnection.com/blog/2013/07/meet-melania-deasy-the-2013-gallery-idol/

Mac Pro Kingdom Hearts 3 Xbox 360 PlayStation 4 ign nba playoffs Chad Johnson

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন